Welcome to Hydrologic Science, Engineering and Sustainability at Arizona State University:
Our research group at Arizona State University studies hydrological processes in natural and urban environments and their interactions with ecological, atmospheric and geomorphic phenomenon. In these pages, you can learn about the current projects in our group, our field and modeling activities, our various group members and how to apply to join our group. We are part of the School of Earth and Space Exploration, Julie Anne Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability and School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment. Thus, we are integrating scientific, engineering and sustainability principles in water resources. Our students are part of graduate programs in Hydrosystems Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Earth System Sciences.
Graduate Student Opportunities: Our research group is seeking several new graduate students for Fall 2017 admission on exciting projects on hydrological model developments and applications for water resources sustainability in the Colorado River Basin, see Contacts Page
Research and Focus Areas:
Watershed hydrology; ecohydrology; hydrometeorology; environmental sensor networks; geographical information systems; remote sensing; distributed hydrologic modeling; parallel computing; participatory modeling; decision-making support; climate change and land use impacts; sustainability science.
- Prof. Enrique Vivoni named as PLuS Alliance Fellow to work with King's College London and UNSW Australia.
- Prof. Enrique Vivoni to serve as Associate Director of the School of Earth and Space Exploration for Graduate Studies.
- Prof. Enrique Vivoni selected as a Fulton Faculty Exemplar by the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- Adam Schreiner-McGraw wins a USDA NIFA graduate fellowship to complete his doctoral work. Congratulations Adam!
- Tiantian Xiang successfully defended her PhD dissertation in the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment. Congratulations!
- A new paper has been published in Water Resources Research (Anderson and Vivoni). Congratulations to all authors!
- A new paper has been published in Environmental Research Letters (Mascaro and Vivoni). Congratulations to all authors!
- A new paper has been accepted in Revista Mexicana de Ciencias Geologicas (Mendez-Barroso et al.). Congratulations to all authors!