Welcome to Hydrologic Science, Engineering and Sustainability at Arizona State University:
Our research group at Arizona State University studies hydrological processes in natural and urban environments and their interactions with ecological, atmospheric and geomorphic phenomenon. In these pages, you can learn about the current projects in our group, our field and modeling activities, our various group members and how to apply to join our group. We are part of the School of Earth and Space Exploration (SESE), Julie Anne Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability (GIOS) and the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment (SSEBE). Thus, we are integrating scientific, engineering and sustainability principles in water resources. Our students are part of graduate programs in Hydrosystems Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Geological Sciences. Prof. Vivoni is the Specialty Area Coordinator for the Graduate Program in Hydrosystems Engineering in SSEBE and the Associate Director of Graduate Education in SESE.
Research and Focus Areas:
Watershed hydrology; ecohydrology; hydrometeorology; environmental sensor networks; geographical information systems; remote sensing; distributed hydrologic modeling; parallel computing; participatory modeling; decision-making support; climate change and land use impacts; sustainability science.
- Prof. Enrique Vivoni named as PLuS Alliance Fellow to work with King's College London and UNSW Australia.
- Prof. Enrique Vivoni to serve as Associate Director of the School of Earth and Space Exploration for Graduate Education.
- Prof. Enrique Vivoni selected as a Fulton Faculty Exemplar by the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- A new paper has been published in Ecosystems (Kropp et al. 2017). Congratulations to all authors!
- A new paper has been published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (Eakin et al. 2017). Congratulations!
- A new paper has been accepted in Journal of Hydrologic Engineering (Cazares-Rodriguez et al. 2017). Congratulations to all authors!
- Sarah Khalid awarded 2016 Robert S. Dietz Field Camp Scholarship. Congratulations!
- Eli Perez-Ruiz awarded 2017-2018 CAP-LTER Research Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Eli Perez-Ruiz awarded summer fellowship from Jornada LTER. Congratulations!
- Eric Escoto awarded 2017-2018 Interdisciplinary Enrichment Fellowship from Graduate College. Congratulations!
- Ivan Lopez-Castrillo awarded 2017-2018 CAP-LTER Research Fellowship. Congratulations!